Purchase the course separate or our best value: all courses (plus templates and a community)included in ALL ACCESS TRACHEOSTOMY AND VENTILATOR SKILLS TRAINING
Laryngectomy Webinar: Post Op to Discharge Webinar is a one hour recorded webinar which provides information on how to care for patients with laryngectomy immediately post-op including pulmonary health, humidification needs, stoma care, suctioning, and communication. The instructor also discusses the difference between laryngectomy and tracheostomy so as not to confuse the two in clinical practice, which can be devastating for the patient. Education and knowledge about appropriate care for patients following laryngectomy is required in order to provide optimal outcomes for these patients. This course is available for 0.1 ASHA CEUs.
AARC -1 CRCE
- Define laryngectomy and identify at least 3 indications for laryngectomy
- Describe 3 communication methods post-laryngectomy
- Describe the purpose, use and care of Lary Tubes
- Discuss methods of administration of aerosolized medications via the stoma
- Discuss emergency airway management post-laryngectomy
Presenter: Mona Lisa Baxter BA, RRT, RRT-ACCS
Mona is an Adult Critical Care Respiratory Therapist with extensive background in teaching and presenting respiratory topics, currently contracting with Legacy Mt. Hood Hospital in Graham Oregan.
Disclosures: Financial: Received a speaker fee for this presentation by Tracheostomy education. Emplyed with Lecacy Mt. Hood Hospital.
Non-financial- No known non-financial disclosures.
Course format: Video Powerpoint with author narration
Course access: Available to purchase individually or included with All Access Membership
In order to receive a certificate of completion, learners must:
- Fully complete the course videos
- Complete and pass a 10 question multiple choice quiz with a score of 80% or higher and complete and submit the course survey. If needed, learners may re-take the test in order to achieve a passing score.
Tracheostomy Education is committed to ensuring accessibility to the widest possible audience. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone. If you have questions, requests, or would like to report an accessibility-related issue, please email [email protected]. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to make reasonable accommodations.