Purchase separate or our best value: all courses included in ALL ACCESS PASS
Basic Tracheostomy Care Webinar: Home Edition Webinar is a 1 hour recorded webinar which provids information about performing tracheostomy care for adult patients in the home environment. Learn about suctioning, inner cannulas (disposable vs non-disposable and how to clean), cuff management, humidification and communication with the interdisciplinary team. Videos are used to aide in learner comprehension of tracheostomy care. A free sample interdisciplinary communication form will be provided as well as home care guideline samples.
- Identify the indications for and complications of a tracheostomy
- Note the differences and limitations of tracheostomy care at home versus acute care
- Demonstrate how to perform trach care (inner cannula changes, site care, cuff management, suctioning)
- Identify the steps for tracheostomy tube changes
- Discuss patient/family education for humidification, oxygen, nebulizers, and mechanical ventilation with trachs.