Get unlimited access to CEUs on Tracheostomy Education. The Tracheostomy and Ventilator Advanced Practitioner Training includes ALL recorded courses, downloadable templates, and access to a multi-disciplinary community.
These courses will provide clinicians with information on tracheostomy management for various settings including acute, subacute, rehabilitation and home environments. Failure to provide appropriate tracheostomy training can lead to devastating consequences including infection, inadvertent decannulation and mortality. It is imperative to understand standards of care and evidenced based practices for tracheostomy management.
The courses total 19.5 hours of professional development hours.
- Tracheostomy Education is an ASHA approved provider. Check each course for credit.
- Certificates following course completion are provided!
- Templates include protocols, educational handouts, evidenced based materials
- Get immediate access to a multi-disciplinary community to post your questions
- Course work includes:
- Adult Tracheostomy Care Webinar
- How to Form a Tracheostomy Team
- Tracheostomy Tubes: Comparisons and Choices
- Decannulation: Evaluating and Treating the Upper Airway
- Evidenced Based Swallowing Evaluation for Patients with Tracheostomy and Mechanical Ventilation
- Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
- Laryngectomy Webinar: From Post-Op to Discharge
- Mechanical Ventilation Webinar: Beginners
Respiratory Muscle Strength Training for Patients with Tracheostomy and Mechanical Ventilation
- Tracheostomy Care for Adults: Basics and Troubleshooting
- Tracheostomy Communication Options: Mechanically Ventilated and Non-Ventilated Patients
This program is for physicians, nurses, speech-language pathologists, respiratory care practitioners, and others who currently care for patients with tracheostomy or those looking to use this skill in their future healthcare career.
Access to course work is for 1 year! Any new courses that come during your 12 month period will be included!