Purchase the course separate or our best value: all courses (plus templates and a community)included in ALL ACCESS TRACHEOSTOMY AND VENTILATOR SKILLS TRAINING
Adult Tracheostomy Care: Home Edition Webinar
AARC CEU- 1.0 contact hours
Adult Tracheostomy Care: Home Edition is a 1 hour recorded webinar which provides information about performing tracheostomy care for adult patients in the home environment. Learn about suctioning, inner cannulas (disposable vs non-disposable), tracheostomy tube cleaning (if indicated), stoma care, cuff management, humidification and communication with the interdisciplinary team. Education is a main role of respiratory therapist in the home environment. Videos are used to aide in learner comprehension of tracheostomy care. A sample interdisciplinary communication form will be provided as well as home care guideline samples.
- Identify the indications for and complications of a tracheostomy
- Note the differences and limitations of tracheostomy care at home
versus acute care
- Demonstrate how to perform trach care (inner cannula changes, site
care, cuff management, suctioning)
- Identify the steps for tracheostomy tube changes
- Discuss patient/family education for humidification, oxygen,
nebulizers, and mechanical ventilation with trachs.
Instructor: Katrina Cambigue BS, RCP, RRT-ACCS
Katrina is a respiratory therapist at Kaiser Santa Rosa Pulmonary Rehab as well and a clinical instructor at Napa Valley Community College.
Materials are only available to those enrolled in the course